BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nancy Kerrigan Eat Your Heart Out

My family recently took a trip to Denver, CO for my cousin Brad's wedding.  The wedding a reception were gorgeous-but we'll get to that later. 

We all had different things we wanted to do and see while there, so we tried to fit them all into 5 days.  We went ice skating (my dad's idea) at a local rink that hosted hockey leauges, but had a public skate for a few hours a day.  I must say that being from a state that doesn't get much snow, much less have hockey leauges, I was amazed at the size of these female hockey players.  A few of them resembled the Russian men athletes that were posing as women in the 1972 Olympic games!!!  They could have taken us all down!  We tried to avoid them on the ice at all costs, but falling down is just part of ice skating.  I didn't fulfill my Nancy Kerrigan dreams on the ice this time-I was outnumbered by the gargantuan women and the little kids with hockey sticks.  If someone had made me and baby fall I would have had to get ugly and I just wasn't in the mood.  I think everyone had a great time.

Mom and dad posing for a quick pic.
I'm not sure who is holding who up in this photo!

Chad making the rounds


Mom holding on for dear life


Tina and Alexis taking a break


I had to get a photo on the ice even thought I didn't skate, just for posterity


The fam had a fun day on the ice.  Great idea dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment