BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sooooo....some of you have heard this story and some of you haven't.  Please don't judge...I just try to get by everyday the best I can.  Sorry for the EXTRA long blog today.



I was on may way to work last week when Chad left me a voicemail saying that the tailgate on his SUV was open when I closed the garage door.  It apparently pulled his door down and was now latched to it.  His voice didn't seem upset or nervous so I continued on my way to work.  Further into my drive, Chad sent me a text message with the following picutre with the following message:

Major problem...the garage door is off the track...my car is trapped!


I have to admit....it took me a second to figure out this picutre.  But when I finally did, I knew I had screwed up BIG TIME!!  The garage door not only caught on Chad's car, but when he tried to untangle the door from his car, it pulled the garage door off the track.  With the garage door (which weighs the equivilant of a small elephant) now hanging over the top of his car Chad called in reinforcements, his buddy Donald.   I had a feeling this was going to end badly, so I turned around and headed home.  This was the absolute worst "walk of shame".  Seeing as the door was haning sideways, we had to prop it up with a 2x4 and a ladder to get it straight again.  I'm sure this is the exact technique they use on HGTV, you just don't see it on TV.  Chad also pulled his car in sideways using the "Dumb and Dumber" method so the small elephant wouldn't fall directly on the Tribute. 

 


Here are Chad and Donald REMOVING the hinges from the garage door.  He and Donald could not get the tracks to go back on without removing some sturdy hardware.

 

Sooooo....I am happy to say that the garage door is somewhat fixed-can you say manual open and close????  Chad and Donald were able to remove the hinges and get the door straight again and rolling back and forth. I think we might have burned up the motor in the process, so I am using the excuse of being much too short to open and close the door to get out of having to do it....I'm horrible I know!!  Here are the saviors of the small elephant-great job guys!  Thanks to Donald for being late to work last week to become part of the the Canterbury Tales.

 

1 comment:

  1. This is toooo funny! I did the same thing, meaning, 2 weeks after getting my new car the garage door didn't go up all the way (though I didn't know it at the time), I threw it in reverse, backed out and WHAM! hit the door, pushed it off the track, outside the frame which pulled off the wood trim on the house... rrrrr!!! But, we got a shiny, new garage door after that!

    ReplyDelete