BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Canterbury Christmas

We spent "actual Christmas" with Chad's family in Bossier City. LA this year. We have developed a system where we will be alternating weekends with our families each year so one gets actual Christmas and the other gets the weekend before. We will rotate each year and hope this makes everyone happy!! I know it's much easier on Chad and I since we don't spend four days in the car trying to see EVERYONE across 3 states!!! UUUGGGHHH!! Thanks to everyone for making the compromise :)

The picures start with my mother-in-laws obsession with Christmas trees! She has one in every room and each tree has a theme. It's always fun to see the trees when I go over around the holidays.

We start the tour with the Coca-Cola Santa tree on the kitchen table.....
Next we move to the "Men's Locker Room" where the Christopher Radco tree spins if you hit the switch. Secretly I think this is her favorite tree. She travels all over to purchase these beautiful ornaments, so she is quite proud. Small children and animals are not allowed in this room from Thanksgiving to New Years for fear of complete disaster. Looks like she will be needing a new tree next year.

The antique tree is next on our stop. All of these ornaments are from her mother, grandmother or an antique store. They are also quite fragile, so thank goodness it is in the "Women's Locker Room" and she doesn't have to worry.


Last but not least, is the main tree in the living room. This picture does not do it justice; it is quite beautiful. I think I also wanted to take a pic to give me some ideas for my tree next year. I haven't quite gotten the Christmas Tree decorating down.


Chad bought his Aunt Mop this present....he was sooooo proud so I had to post it!
Trying to figure out what it is??? It's a iron bird to put in the yard.
If you push on the top of the head it rocks back and forth. Chad loved giving it and Mop loved receiving it....everyone was so happy!

Christmas Dinner...Miss Carol is taking the photo. I didn't get one with her at the table.

1 comment:

  1. i loooove all the trees but i'm curious about the statement "Looks like she will be needing a new tree next year." when you say small children and animals aren't allowed...did i miss something?!?! love you!

    ReplyDelete